January 2020 Competitive Team Tryouts
January 11th 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM at Momentum Katy
9:30 AM Check-In
9:45 AM Parent Meeting
What to Expect
Our tryout process is a one day, 4 hour performance evaluation with Momentum coaches ($75)
Registration opens online November 30th at Noon
Our tryouts will take place at our Momentum Katy facility.
What to Bring?
- Climbing Equipment – Shoes, chalk-bag, harness
- Athletic clothing suitable for high levels of activity
- Willingness to work hard
What are we looking for?
- Climbers with strong internal motivation & drive
- A solid foundation of physical athleticism
- A growth mindset towards long term learning
- Established base of refined climbing movement skills
- Ability to compete across the 3 disciplines of boulder, speed and lead/toprope
+ USAC Membership
If you are selected for the Team, to attend the USA Climbing Local competition your athlete will need to register with USA Climbing. They will need a Competitor Membership in order to qualify for Regionals, Divisionals and National level competition. You can also find a guidance grade breakdown for the competition below.