Join us for a gear swap hosted by Momentum, I.M.E., and Lone Pine. There will be some new gear, some lightly used gear, and good times to be had by all. Coffee and donuts available while they last. Enrollment fees will be waived on Auto Pay memberships sold that day. Proceeds from used gear sales to benefit the following organizations:
GEAR SWAP DAY INFO
The swap will take place in the Momentum Millcreek parking lot on September 26th. Cards will be accepted for payment, no cash, or checks.
September 21st Schedule:
- Gear swap 9am-2pm
- Members only gym hours 8am-10am
- Gym opens to climbing 10am
- No enrollment fee (save $59) on Auto Pay Membership signups all day (8am-11pm)
- Come drop off gear at Momentum Millcreek Wednesday September 23rd or Thursday September 24th between 3pm and 7pm.
- No gear will be accepted for sale on Saturday September 26th. All gear for sale must be dropped off in advance.
- 20 item limit per person.
- Gear pricing at the discretion of the seller, however, we will not accept gear priced within 20% of msrp (trust us, it won’t sell).
- Proceeds from all gear sales will be split, with 80% going to the seller and 20% going to one of the charities we’ve selected.
- Sellers may choose where to direct their donation between Outdoor Afro or the Assistance League of SLC (links to organizations above).
- Sellers may optionally elect to donate 100% of the proceeds from their gear sales to one of the charities.
- Donation recipient and percentage will be selected at the time of gear drop off.
- After the swap, you will have until Oct. 2nd to reclaim any gear that did not sell. After October 2nd, unclaimed gear will be forfeited and donated.
- Payouts will be made either in the form of Momentum store credit or a physical check to be picked up at Momentum Millcreek.
- Store credit will be available on Monday, September 28th.
- Physical checks will be available for pickup Monday, October 5th.
WHAT CAN I SELL?
All gear must be in working order and not in need of any repairs. Any climbing gear in addition to this list is subject to be accepted upon our discretion. Harnesses, ropes, and other nylon based ‘life safety’ equipment will not be accepted regardless of condition.
- unslung trad gear
- ice tools/axes
- ice screws
- belay devices
- technical outerwear and mid layers (jackets, pants, etc)
- casual clothing from outdoor brands
Shoes and chalk bags:
- climbing shoes
- approach shoes
- mountaineering boots
- chalk bags
- summit/approach/mountaineering backpacks
- trekking poles
- sleeping bags
- bivy sacks
- sleeping pads
- climbing holds
- stick clips
- belay specs
- belay gloves
- rope bag/tarp