Rock Climbing Merit Badge For Scouts
Momentum Climbing School offers personalized, hands-on instruction for Boy Scout Troops that enables scouts ages 12-18 to earn the Climbing Merit Badge. The instruction each scout receives satisfies all requirements for the merit badge including:
What Your Troop Gets!
Each troop will receive two nights of instruction, two hours per night, for a total of up to five hours spent with our BSA certified merit badge counselor. Leaders should call ahead of time to schedule a troop outing, and to obtain waivers which must be signed by each scout's parent ahead of time.
Climbing Merit Badge Costs & Scheduling
- PRICE: $30 per scout with a 6-scout minimum, 12 Scout maximum.
- Price covers all gym and equipment rental fees.
- Classes can be scheduled Monday through Thursday, 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Other time slots will need to be approved before booking.
- $30+ tax deposit collected at time of initial reservation to secure the timeslot
- Deposit goes toward program unless rescheduled or cancelled (see below)
- No charge for scout leaders & belayers
- Typically scheduled on consecutive weeks (Wednesday, Wednesday)
- We cannot schedule all four hours of instruction on the same day
Rescheduling and Cancelling reservations
Our instructor's time is important to us, and for that reason we have the following requirements in place. If you need to reschedule or cancel a merit badge class, one week's notice is required to keep your deposit.
- More than one week notice - deposit is transferred to rescheduled dates or refunded.
- LESS than one week notice - deposit is FORFITED
- Must pay a new deposit to reschedule a future date
220 west 10600 South
Sandy, Utah 84070